Workforce development equals quality support
Posted July 06, 2022
Happy, confident and knowledgeable staff mean even better and more consistent support for our Li-Ve Tasmania community.
That’s why we’re investing in the learning and development of our entire workforce through a progressive, structured program of work that includes:
- Supporting our staff with learning, coaching and reflective practice opportunities.
- Ongoing performance feedback and development plans for each frontline and office staff member, to support their individual needs and career progress.
- Matching learning and development tools to our capability development program, which is based on the NDIS capability framework.
- A new online Learning Management System to help us deliver the new training programs.
- A leadership training program to upskill our leaders.
- Ongoing support for our frontline staff to upskill and gain a formal qualification.
Our Quality, Risk and Practice team
To make sure we can continue to deliver consistent, high-quality, person-centred support, we have strengthened our Quality and Risk team, and renamed it our Quality, Risk and Practice team. This team, including our two practice nurses, will support our staff by delivering coaching and best practice training – always with a focus on person-centred care.
We’re building our workforce development programs with input from staff. Using working groups, trials and ongoing feedback, we’ll make sure the programs we’re developing are right for the staff using them and have a practical and positive impact on every member of our Li-Ve Tas team.
What does this mean for the people we support?
By investing in our staff we are investing the delivery of high quality, consistent support to people living with disability, and in the future of Li-Ve Tas.